Batboard sluggish response @ 0900 every day

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fineshot1

Batboard sluggish response @ 0900 every day

Post by fineshot1 »

Wondering if anyone can tell me why almost every morning at approx 0900 (USA East Coast Time) this board
seems to go brain dead. When I attempted to edit a post of mine to add something I forgot to mention the
site simply did not respond with the edit function. I them tried to post a reply with the additional info and
that post got blown away with the usual 404 error. Is there something that happens around the same time
every day like a DB backup or some type of utility that takes up all the site I/O time?
fineshot1
NJ USA
alex
Administrator

Re: Batboard sluggish response @ 0900 every day

Post by alex »

fineshot1 wrote:Wondering if anyone can tell me why almost every morning at approx 0900 (USA East Coast Time) this board
seems to go brain dead. When I attempted to edit a post of mine to add something I forgot to mention the
site simply did not respond with the edit function. I them tried to post a reply with the additional info and
that post got blown away with the usual 404 error. Is there something that happens around the same time
every day like a DB backup or some type of utility that takes up all the site I/O time?

Yes. There is a DB Backup that takes place at 6AM PST. (Happens to be 9AM EST).

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
fineshot1

Re: Batboard sluggish response @ 0900 every day

Post by fineshot1 »

Ok Alex - thanks for that info. I will avoid posting during this time frame.
fineshot1
NJ USA

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”