Anyone use an RS PC connected Multimeter?

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Big Blue TO/\/\
Batboard $upporter

Anyone use an RS PC connected Multimeter?

Post by Big Blue TO/\/\ »

I am considering buying one of the RS meters you connect to a PC. Anyone hav one an have any gripes?

Thanks
KE4RXM
You don't drink beer? Use Motorola RSS, you WILL soon...

PLEASE use EMAIL over PM. Much Easier for Me. Thanx!
Big Blue TO/\/\
Batboard $upporter

Re: Anyone use an RS PC connected Multimeter?

Post by Big Blue TO/\/\ »

Ps- thinking of the 22-812 as it is readibly available on the cheap, and there are some comparable off-brand models as well.
I really want to know what the software is like but there are no screenshots out there.
I have dl'd the 'ware from RS but it is non-funct without the meter attached (can't even get a feel for it)
KE4RXM
You don't drink beer? Use Motorola RSS, you WILL soon...

PLEASE use EMAIL over PM. Much Easier for Me. Thanx!
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Eh, Radio Shack junque. The software is limited, and it's got a whopping 90-day warranty best I can tell. What do you hope to gain with the PC connection?

I have a Fluke 289 - while the PC connection is handy every now and then, I use it quite seldom.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

tsvjr - A PC interface is handy for capturing events. Peak hold is great, but not if you don't know when it happened.

Tom - The Radio Shack software is functional. Very Atari. Black screen with primary colors and variable width traces. It's logging feature works quite well. The price is reasonable, and the performance of the VOM is everything you can expect. I have no complaints with the product.
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

I have a Metex, ME-11 DMM with a dos based logging program included.
The top of the meter had a slide-off cover for connection to an RS-232 via DB-9.
Software was chuggy, and often unresponsive, but when it worked, it came in veryhandy.
I could save levels and display the 'signal' on the PC screen and take snapshots over and over for
empirical data storage.

Old, but handy to this day.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”