XTS5000 CPS - can't change frequencies, PROG doesn't show up

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

overhere
New User

XTS5000 CPS - can't change frequencies, PROG doesn't show up

Post by overhere »

All - I have two strange problems using XTS5000 CPS 12.0.0. First, there is no "General" tab to change the frequencies under conventional personality - I can FPP and change all other options, but can't access the names for frequencies in the CPS. The second problem is I put "PROG" in the menu, but it doesn't show up, even when I'm on a channel with a valid scanlist. Any ideas? Thanks!
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Re: XTS5000 CPS - can't change frequencies, PROG doesn't show up

Post by Tom in D.C. »

1. There is no "General" tab for the Conventional Personality on the CPS for the XTS5000. The Conventional Personality section is used to set operating parameters for each individual channel but NOT the actual frequencies.
2. You set the frequencies for transmit, receive, and talkaround in the Zone/Channel assignment area which is all the way at the end of the selection menu.

Perhaps you're used to doing the XTS3000 setup which is somewhat different from the XTS5000. In the 3K setup the frequencies ARE set in the conventional personality section.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
overhere
New User

Re: XTS5000 CPS - can't change frequencies, PROG doesn't show up

Post by overhere »

Tom, thanks for the great help, yes this did throw me. Maybe I should have actually watched the tutorials :-) David

Return to “Radio Programming”