Zetron Model 25 Programming

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

psteele35
New User

Zetron Model 25 Programming

Post by psteele35 »

The dispatch center I work for recently changed the tone plan for nearly all of the 36 departments that we dispatch for. The new dispatch console is Orbacom/IPC and is computer based. We have two old Zetron Model 25's that we keep in our communications trailer as back ups. They need to be reprogrammed with the new tones.

I am one of the people in our organization that deals with programming of pagers, radios, and our new dispatch console but I have no experience with the Zetron equipment other than knowing how to use it to send tones. We have the M25CONFIG software and the programming cable.

I tinkered with one of the panels and the software for a good portion of the day with no luck. The directions that were sent from Zetron with the software and cable are about as clear as mud. Can someone help me out with some basic tips, hints, or tricks? Each one of the consoles has one "master" and one "slave" unit (I think my terminology is correct).
-Paul
ASTRO Spectra VHF W9
ASTRO Spectra Plus VHF W5 x2
XTS2500 VHF x2
XTS3000 VHF
Icom IC-V8000
Jim202

Re: Zetron Model 25 Programming

Post by Jim202 »

psteele35 wrote:The dispatch center I work for recently changed the tone plan for nearly all of the 36 departments that we dispatch for. The new dispatch console is Orbacom/IPC and is computer based. We have two old Zetron Model 25's that we keep in our communications trailer as back ups. They need to be reprogrammed with the new tones.

I am one of the people in our organization that deals with programming of pagers, radios, and our new dispatch console but I have no experience with the Zetron equipment other than knowing how to use it to send tones. We have the M25CONFIG software and the programming cable.

I tinkered with one of the panels and the software for a good portion of the day with no luck. The directions that were sent from Zetron with the software and cable are about as clear as mud. Can someone help me out with some basic tips, hints, or tricks? Each one of the consoles has one "master" and one "slave" unit (I think my terminology is correct).

Your best bet is to call Zetron and work with them directly. They might even have a manual available.

Jim
GMC

Post by GMC »

Just curious ......... when you say the new console, how long have you had them?
psteele35
New User

Post by psteele35 »

GMC wrote:Just curious ......... when you say the new console, how long have you had them?
We've had the new consoles for a little while now... a year or so.

I actually finally figured things out with the Zetron. I found it was quicker for me to program it through the front panel instead of using the M25CONFIG software.
-Paul
ASTRO Spectra VHF W9
ASTRO Spectra Plus VHF W5 x2
XTS2500 VHF x2
XTS3000 VHF
Icom IC-V8000
GMC

Post by GMC »

You are aware that orbacom/ipc are no longer around as it releates to there consoles. So those new consoles are obsolete.
darkloyo
Banned

Post by darkloyo »

send me the config file and i teach you throught a video. best regards

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”