XTS3K PTT repair

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rwo978
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

XTS3K PTT repair

Post by rwo978 »

How hard is it to fix the external button? The large black oval on one radio I have 'flaps' from the back forward. I have it taped down now so it doesn't flop open, get caught on something, and rip off completely. But, want to repair it correctly.

Can one buy just the button 'cover'? The button otherwise functions correctly. If one is able to fix it, anyone have a button?
Ryan
rwo978
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Re: XTS3K PTT repair

Post by rwo978 »

Anyone on this? Have someone interested in the radio, but they'd like the PTT fixed.

Can you buy just the PTT cover?
Ryan
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Re: XTS3K PTT repair

Post by n7maq »

I don't believe the PTT key is sold by itself. I don't think it was eve intended to be replaced by Motorola. The reason I say this is it is held in place by two tabs, one on top, and one on the bottom. The top tab is held in place by the cover for the other side keys. That cover is glued in place.

I have had success a few times lifting that cover up JUST ENOUGH to pull out the PTT key. I then used a small bit of super glue the top cover where needed. I use needle to apply the glue, all it takes is a small drop on the needle. If that top cover gets messed up then you almost need to replace to housing.

Jim

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”