XTS2500 and MDC system

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Andy2712
What radios do you own?: XTS2500 m3 VHF

XTS2500 and MDC system

Post by Andy2712 »

Tonight I was attempting to add a 2nd MDC system to my XTS2500 and the CPS would not allow me to select the 2nd system. The 2nd system shows up in the drop down in the conventional personality, but when I click on it, it automattically goes back to the 1st one. Anyone have any ideas?

Andy
mike m

Re: XTS2500 and MDC system

Post by mike m »

It sounds like your radio may have FPP in it.

If your radio does have FPP then MDC system 1 is reserved for the FPP personalities only, typically these are personality 1 thru 240, then MDC system 2 and higher applies to the non FPP personalities above #240.

Also you can't select MDC system 1 for the zones/personalities above the first 240 FPP ones either

This has something to do with the way FPP personalities are handled and laid out by CPS, this also applies to Astro systems, quick call, DTMF systems etc..

The FPP personalities, 1-240, are link list tied to MDC sys #1, Astro system #1, quick call system #1, DTMF system #1.

Mike
Andy2712
What radios do you own?: XTS2500 m3 VHF

Re: XTS2500 and MDC system

Post by Andy2712 »

Yes the radio does have FPP enabled on and I was think that it might be the cause. Thanks for the help.

Andy

Return to “Radio Programming”