ECEC000E : Read from device failed

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

psteele35
New User

ECEC000E : Read from device failed

Post by psteele35 »

I will start by saying I have a genuine copy of the software. I am trying to program a couple of CDM radios... 1250's and 1550's. I am only having trouble with one computer. My backup computer works fine. When I try to read the radio I get an error window that says, "ECEC000E : Read from device failed".

I am using an aftermarket RIB-less cable, however like I said, it works fine on a different computer.

Any thoughts?
-Paul
ASTRO Spectra VHF W9
ASTRO Spectra Plus VHF W5 x2
XTS2500 VHF x2
XTS3000 VHF
Icom IC-V8000
wavetar
Administrator

Re: ECEC000E : Read from device failed

Post by wavetar »

psteele35 wrote:I will start by saying I have a genuine copy of the software. I am trying to program a couple of CDM radios... 1250's and 1550's. I am only having trouble with one computer. My backup computer works fine. When I try to read the radio I get an error window that says, "ECEC000E : Read from device failed".

I am using an aftermarket RIB-less cable, however like I said, it works fine on a different computer.

Any thoughts?
What's the OS on the problem computer? Is it Windows 7 64-bit by chance?
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
psteele35
New User

Post by psteele35 »

wavetar wrote: What's the OS on the problem computer? Is it Windows 7 64-bit by chance?
The OS is Win XP Pro. I have also discovered that I'm having a problem with this same cable and a M1225. But this cable works fine with other computers. I know my COM port is good because I use it with other cables for other radios. The baud rate has been checked and it matches the computer that does work.
-Paul
ASTRO Spectra VHF W9
ASTRO Spectra Plus VHF W5 x2
XTS2500 VHF x2
XTS3000 VHF
Icom IC-V8000
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

that should run fine on xp, are you shutting down all other programs and shutting off anything showing up on the taskbar that's running like a palm pilot or printer monitor? It sounds like you have another program or device trying to use that port
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Where it's a 'ribless' cable, it's not OEM and your mileage is going to vary, plain & simple. Even the 'real' Motorola RIB sometimes needed a modification to work with certain serial ports.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Radio Programming”