Motorola MTX8250LS problem with LTR system

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

overhere
New User

Motorola MTX8250LS problem with LTR system

Post by overhere »

All - I was wondering if anyone can help with this odd problem. A few weeks ago, we started having problems with some MTX8250LS radios we use on an 800MHz LTR network - most of the time when you press PTT they are not able to secure a repeater and give a bump beep as if no repeater is available. However, our Kenwood TK-480's are working fine still. This problem did apparently approximately start when some of the repeaters were upgraded. Any idea what the problem might be? Wonder if it's an RSS setting problem or something more complex?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: Motorola MTX8250LS problem with LTR system

Post by escomm »

Deviation, signaling words, lots of stuff to look at. Time to break out the LTR compatible service monitor
Spiffy50

Post by Spiffy50 »

Check the "front porch" setting. I had to adjust this on a UHF HT1250LS before it would play nice on our LTR system here.
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

Second that on the front porch timing, even had problems with various ages of HT-1250 radios. Early ones need a much longer front porch timing. We also found that the older radios sometimes needed a firmware update to correct the problems.
overhere
New User

Post by overhere »

All - thanks for the replies on this. So far no luck tweaking the front porch and disconnect words settings but will keep trying!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”