CDM1550LS Trunking issue...

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

EindhovenOne
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTS5K, 2500, XPR7550

CDM1550LS Trunking issue...

Post by EindhovenOne »

Hello, all. I am trying to program a CDM1550LS for someone and I am wanting to just program the codeplug from one directly into the other. The radios are the same model number and it accepts the codeplug from the original radio with no problem and the radio resets after programming and everything is identical. However, when I try to transmit on any of the LS Trunking groups, it will not transmit. It will receive perfectly fine and I have been over and over every field and everything is identical. Conventional transmissions are flawless. Any suggestions? Thank you for your time. -E
Facta, Non Verba. Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Re: CDM1550LS Trunking issue...

Post by HLA »

so you basically just cloned the radio? Cloning don't change mdc id's so now you have two radios with the same id on the same system right? Whos system is this, do you have their permission to do this? Why can't you have the system administrator program the radio?
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
EindhovenOne
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTS5K, 2500, XPR7550

Post by EindhovenOne »

I changed the MDC IDs in the new radio after writing the original codeplug but that shouldn't even be a factor because some of our radios don't even have signaling enabled whatsoever. I have full permissions and the admin isn't local so I had to step in.
Facta, Non Verba. Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni.
Hardwire001
What radios do you own?: Too Many to list

Post by Hardwire001 »

Ok what kind of Trunking system? LTR? Passport?
and are you sure that this is a LS and not a LS+?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

What do you mean it will not transmit? Does the radio refuse to transmit? Does it not trunk on to the system? Is it trying and giving an error tone after several seconds? I don't see how MDC IDs would have anything to do with anything, with LTR your TGID is either valid or it isn't.

Since it's receiving fine, we know the radio hears the controller. What we don't know is if the controller can hear the radio.

Does the donor radio work on this trunk system? Can we confirm the target radio is actually putting out full power and deviation settings are correct?
FatBoy

Post by FatBoy »

assuming programming is correct, you have an alignment issue. If tx or rx alignment is off, then no handshake.......FB
......I understand what the package says sir, but you cannot talk 28 miles with 3 AA batteries.......

Return to “Radio Programming”