Squelch problem in Astro Saber...?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

OK, I've been trying to figure this one out and haven't succeeded yet.

I used the new version 9.01 (hacked to extend the UHF 450-520 bandsplit down to the ham band) RSS to program two UHF Astro Sabers, and although I'm pretty sure I've programmed it correctly, something strange happens.

I can receive a signal (carrier squelch) just fine, but if I hit the monitor button and then release it, the audio mutes even if there's still a signal present. I have to hold the monitor button in if I want to continue to hear what's going on.

I have not noticed this problem on channels that have PL or DPL enabled on receive, it only happens on carrier squelch channels.

I know my way around Astro software. I've never seen this problem before. Has anyone else encountered it, and did you find a fix for it?

I'm thinking it may be an issue with the new version of the RSS. I smell 9.02 coming soon if that's the case.

By the way, if it matters...these radios are absolutely unmodified. Exactly like they came from the factory except for the wider bandsplit.

Elroy
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Elroy,

I had this happen, but with PL channels on the radio I told you about the other day, and the problem was the RX reference freq. Once I brought it down to 450.000 (it showed 482 in the service screen) everything worked fine. The radio at that time was "lagging". If I sent it a command, it seemed like there was a 5 sec delay before it would change channel, or menu. That was with the same RSS verison. Don't know if its related, but its a start.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”