HELP... Vertex vx900

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

12 Volts

HELP... Vertex vx900

Post by 12 Volts »

Hello
I have a Vertex vx-900 try to program it and its now coming up with ERROR_2 I'm being told its the EPPROMM can anybody tell where i can get it fixed. Thanks
Lake Effect

Re: HELP... Vertex vx900

Post by Lake Effect »

We recently had the same problem here and Vertex tech support said it was a problem with software vs firmware versions. Our choices were either update radio firmware or use older software. We went the older software route and recovered all of them. We had about 6 of them with either the error 2 code or, if it did power up, there was no tx audio. If you have the older software you can give it a try.

L.E.
12 Volts

Post by 12 Volts »

Thanks but i don't have any old versions software do you know where i could find it. Thanks
Lake Effect

Post by Lake Effect »

Our service manager handled it but, as I recall, tech support sent it to him by e-mail.

L.E.
12 Volts

Post by 12 Volts »

thanks i will give that a try.....

Return to “Radio Programming”