Entry Level CPS's

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cifd64
New User

Entry Level CPS's

Post by cifd64 »

I have a CP185 in my shop, cant get around the password on the cpg. Does anyone have a listing for the CPS Password Workarounds for the Entry Level Software?
Jim202

Re: Entry Level CPS's

Post by Jim202 »

cifd64 wrote:I have a CP185 in my shop, cant get around the password on the cpg. Does anyone have a listing for the CPS Password Workarounds for the Entry Level Software?

Find out who programmed it last and ask them.

Jim
cifd64
New User

Post by cifd64 »

Why didnt I think of that... We took over the account from a shop that does not exist anymore.
k4vks
New User
What radios do you own?: never enough...

Post by k4vks »

I'm not familiar with that particular radio, but have you tried simply uploading your own programming to the radio? I believe it would allow you to programming the radio to your specs irregardless to the previous codeplugs password

Post by p47r4ck »

So, this is a shot in the dark, but the CPS for the CP185 looks an awful lot like the TRBO CPS. However that being said, it looks like it takes serial-based programming cables so I highly doubt it talks via a network device like the TRBO radios do.

Any chance you tried the trick where you get to the point where the CPS prompts you for a password, then take a look at what's loaded into RAM via a HEX editor? The older Moto radios loaded the codeplug into RAM, got to a point where a flag was "ticked" saying it was password time, then just did a string match on the password in the codeplug (plain text). Not sure if the Entry Level radios do that, but it's worth a shot if writing a blank codeplug into the radio isn't an option.

Again, I know this worked on the Entry Level Professional (CT2xx/4xx), Commercial, and Waris-series stuff....

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”