XTS2500i with GPS Mic

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tuckerm

XTS2500i with GPS Mic

Post by tuckerm »

How do I enable the GPS mic to work on my XTS2500i? I plug it into the radio and have no audio or control over the radio. Radio firmware is high enough that it should work...what option am I missing here?
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
mike m

Re: XTS2500i with GPS Mic

Post by mike m »

in RADIO WIDE make sure your LOCATION settings are enabled. There is also a display menu item named LOC that you can select. This turns GPS on/off. I'm sure I forgot another menu setting, after all this is Motorola and 2 lines of describing this is to easy.
tuckerm

Re: XTS2500i with GPS Mic

Post by tuckerm »

Yep, did all that. Mic works out of the box on a different radio with no code plug changes, but not on mine. My host ver is 12.00.17, the one it worked on was R15.

After working with another member on this board, I'm sure my radio is screwed up or corrupt code plug.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.

Return to “Radio Programming”