Astro Spectra VHF Question

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jts203

Astro Spectra VHF Question

Post by jts203 »

I recently installed a VHF Astro Spectra in my car, remote mount. When receiving a signal, you can hear what sounds like a rapid "clicking" sound through the speaker. This does not happen all the time, but does happen with the car engine on or off. It doesn't affect the signal, but is annoying. Radio is programmed with DOS software and this is on conventional, Non-Astro channels. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks.

John
jcobb

Post by jcobb »

Does this happen while in "scan" mode? Or when parked on a channel?

If in scan mode, this could be the sampling, the rx going from the channel you have selected to the Priority channel. You used to be able to change the scan sample rate in the RSS - I don't know if you still can as I haven't looked at that particular issue in a while.

Jack

jts203

Post by jts203 »

It happens when parked on a channel or in scan and I don't have priority scan enabled.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

How are your power connections hooked up? Sounds like you may have a car accesory running and its being picked up in the power lines. I have had this happen to a radio before I traced it to a ground loop.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
jts203

Post by jts203 »

The main power is right from the battery and of course the ignition sense is off the fuse panel. The ground is to the body in the trunk. I guess maybe I should try a direct ground, also. This is a 2002 Grand Prix.
Thanks.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”