XTL5000 O3 Ignition Sense

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nb1h
New User
What radios do you own?: pretty much everything

XTL5000 O3 Ignition Sense

Post by nb1h »

i just installed an XTL5000 with O3 head in my vehicle and the ignition doesn't seem to be working correctly. What I want is for the radio to turn on automatically when I start the vehicle and turn off when I stop the vehicle. I have my O5 radios set to soft power off which works great, but from reading the help file, it appears that the O3 behaves differently and the only way to accomplish this is program the radio for ignition-only power up.

The radio is currently programmed for ignition only power-up and ignition power is currently being supplied to the 26 pin accessory jack on the rear of the radio. The radio still does not come on without hitting the power button. The radio does properly turn off when I shut off the vehicle.

Am I missing something here? My next step is going to be a firmware update, but I'm at version 16.00.00 which is recent enough that I doubt it's an issue.
tztop10
What radios do you own?: HT1250 EX600XLS CDM1250 CP200

Re: XTL5000 O3 Ignition Sense

Post by tztop10 »

nb1h
New User
What radios do you own?: pretty much everything

Re: XTL5000 O3 Ignition Sense

Post by nb1h »

Ignition sense is working from the front 25 pin connector, so there must be something wrong with my rear 26 pin connector. I modified my accessory cable to have a DB25 on the end instead of the 26 pin, and everything is working now. On the DB25, pin 24 and 25 are speaker audio, pin 16 is ignition.

I seem to remember from when we rebanded that several of our radios worked fine coming in, but ignition did not work at all after the firmware was upgraded. A trip to the depot was required. I wonder if my radio has that issue. It was pretty rare, only happening to a handful of XTl5000 radios out of several thousand.

Return to “Radio Programming”