Transferring data from one codeplug to another

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pyrojim
New User

Transferring data from one codeplug to another

Post by Pyrojim »

I'm using CPS R05.15

I own several model PR400's and a few PM400's. Most, if not all, are programmed the same. I use them for my business.

As most of you know, each different model radio has it's own file, even though they are all PR400's or PM400's. Is there any way to clone the files from one model to another - at least the channel line ups? When I add or delete a channel, I hate having to re-enter the same data into several files.

Have I missed something, or is this just good old Motorola thinking?

Is there a newer CPS that might do this with these radios?
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: Transferring data from one codeplug to another

Post by SteveC0625 »

Pyrojim wrote:I'm using CPS R05.15

I own several model PR400's and a few PM400's. Most, if not all, are programmed the same. I use them for my business.

As most of you know, each different model radio has it's own file, even though they are all PR400's or PM400's. Is there any way to clone the files from one model to another - at least the channel line ups? When I add or delete a channel, I hate having to re-enter the same data into several files.

You should be able to drag and drop each personality. Open up both the host and the new codeplugs. Left click and hold each personality and drag it to the new codeplug, dropping it on the word Conventional Personalities in the new tree. You have to do it one at a time, but it still saves a lot of work.

You can do the same for MDC, QC-II, and DTMF, both signaling and call. I've no experience with the trunking side, but it should work the same way.

I just got in some 136-162 CP200XLS's. We have had 146-174's up to now. You can't clone between different model numbers, but with drag and drop, it did not take long to build the new codeplug. We have 42 personalities, two dozen MDC call alias's, and couple each of QC-II call and signaling entries.

Your CPS is not that old. Current version is R05.18, and if memory serves, the only changes in the newer versions had to do with limiting it to 12.5 bandwidth and then fixing how the common EID works for on multiple platforms for 20/25 bandwidth exceptions.
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

SteveC0625 wrote:
Pyrojim wrote:I'm using CPS R05.15

You should be able to drag and drop each personality. Open up both the host and the new codeplugs. Left click and hold each personality and drag it to the new codeplug, dropping it on the word Conventional Personalities in the new tree. You have to do it one at a time, but it still saves a lot of work.

You can do the same for MDC, QC-II, and DTMF, both signaling and call. I've no experience with the trunking side, but it should work the same way.

I just got in some 136-162 CP200XLS's. We have had 146-174's up to now. You can't clone between different model numbers, but with drag and drop, it did not take long to build the new codeplug. We have 42 personalities, two dozen MDC call alias's, and couple each of QC-II call and signaling entries.

Your CPS is not that old. Current version is R05.18, and if memory serves, the only changes in the newer versions had to do with limiting it to 12.5 bandwidth and then fixing how the common EID works for on multiple platforms for 20/25 bandwidth exceptions.
NOTE: Many of these lower tear radio series do not support drag and drop capability. I can not speak for the CPS
of these radios but just something to beware of.
fineshot1
NJ USA
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

fineshot1 wrote:NOTE: Many of these lower tear radio series do not support drag and drop capability. I can not speak for the CPS of these radios but just something to beware of.
The Commercial Series does support drag and drop.

I replied to the OP's question because I can speak for that CPS.
Pyrojim
New User

Post by Pyrojim »

Thanks for the info. The cut and paste works great and saves a ton of time. It would be really great if I could just cut and paste the entire thing, but I'll take what I can get!

Return to “Radio Programming”