USB Programming Cable recomendation for CP150, CP200, PR400

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n6fnp
Batboard $upporter

USB Programming Cable recomendation for CP150, CP200, PR400

Post by n6fnp »

I am going to be reprogramming some PR400 HT's for a Sheriff volunteer group. I have a Chinese serial cable which has been working okay, but I
don't like that a 9 Volt battery has to be connected for it to work. I would like to get a USB cable to eliminate the need for the 9 V battery and also
to allow use on laptops that don't have serial ports.

If anyone has any recommendations on a USB programming cable for these types of radios, please let me know. For that matter, if there are cables
that have issues and should be avoided, that would be helpful to know as well.

I'm paying for this myself, so the price is somewhat of a constraint, but I might consider an official OEM Motorola USB programming cable. Do they
make one?
insight3fl
New User

Re: USB Programming Cable recomendation for CP150, CP200, PR

Post by insight3fl »

I wasted two weeks on my CDM 1250 with the eBay and amazon cables. Someone here recommended Polaris and they were not only helpful on the phone promising support for their $25 cable, but it worked right out of the box and no support for me was needed. The link below is a search of their site for your radio models. Good luck

http://polarisusa.com/product/1793/model-26-us

Dennis

Return to “Radio Programming”