MIP5000 TRANSMISSIONS BEING CUT OFF

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dochollowaycpdd6
New User

MIP5000 TRANSMISSIONS BEING CUT OFF

Post by dochollowaycpdd6 »

Hello, I am new this site. I have been searching and searching for anyone else having problems like this, so here it goes. We are on a island in VA, we have our own 911 center which uses two MIP5000 consoles. From what I understand, when we transmit from our console, it goes to another room which has a base radio, then out to the repeater (we even have a delay beep to let us know when to speak). We are having problems with incoming traffic from Fire/EMS being cut off, or sometimes not hearing them at all. That being said... Unit to Unit, whether mobile or portable, can hear each other just fine. Even our county 911 can monitor our channel and also hear just fine. When our ambulances leave our island, we can hear them fine at the hosptial they travel to. Our installers are scratching their heads... and I figured someone (hopefully) has ran into this problem before.
I also read that people are having problems with the Buddy Desktop Mic, which we are using. After a certain amount of time, we have to unplug the usb cord from the back of the mic and plug it back in, because our units tell us we are very "garbly". One instance, our PD channel would not pick up any units. For some reason, I just unplugged the mic and plugged it back in, and could recieve transmissions again. It's a little crazy around here, and I hope someone can help... thank you for taking the time to read.
TreyH

Re: MIP5000 TRANSMISSIONS BEING CUT OFF

Post by TreyH »

We ran 3 MIP5000 stations for about 3 years and they were nothing but problems. Audio out at the console was horrible, especially with more than one console in the room; seems like the audio out wasn't synced between the stations so you had a constant echo in the room. The buddy mics were also a constant problem. We also had incoming transmissions dropped same as you describe. Transmission could be heard just fine between subscriber units but would intermittently not come over the MIP5000 consoles. We ditched all three two years ago and went with another brand console.
One thing we did try was to isolate the network the gateways and consoles ran on. We were running them on their own VLAN off of our department network switches. As you may know these units rely on multicast IP traffic to work. We found that sometimes multicast packets were being dropped on our department network so we put the MIP gateways and consoles on their own physical network. I remember it helping but seems like we still experienced dropped inbound transmissions sometimes just not as bad.
scottyinkcmo
New User

Re: MIP5000 TRANSMISSIONS BEING CUT OFF

Post by scottyinkcmo »

Hello, We just got the MIP 5000 Radio system our selves. And we are having the same problems with dropped received TX from our units out in the field. However they can hear us just fine. But only select few units are having the problem TX to us in dispatch. Has anyone came up with answer to a fix or find out why?

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”