O3 HHCH Models

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KDN

O3 HHCH Models

Post by KDN »

In our fleet, we have quite a few O3 HHCH on both 5K's and APX's. All of them on the numeric buttons show the alphabet like standard keypads and we have a stand alone dek box to control the lights and sirens.

One of my guys brought me a picture today of an O3 HHCH that shows the 1,2,3 button in green to indicate different stages of lights, and the other buttons show siren function, PA and different icons.

Has anyone saw this model before and what is required to take advantage of this configuration to allow light / Siren control from the O3 HHCH?

Thanks in advance!
dbusse
What radios do you own?: XTL, XTS, Saber, Spectra, MTS2

Re: O3 HHCH Models

Post by dbusse »

Requires the SLIM (Siren Lights Interface Module). About $320, as I recall. Plug and play, then define the functionality in CPS.

Dan
NickH

Re: O3 HHCH Models

Post by NickH »

Yes, the O3 head is available with S&L printing on it. I have one in my personal truck, and have sold many to agencies who are looking for low-profile type installs.

The SLIM has been listed as "Unavailable until further notice" in ECat, not sure what the issue is there, but I've never really been a fan of it. The problem I have with the SLIM is, you still need a siren/light controller like a CenCom or SmartSiren. The SLIM only interfaces these to the radio, so the price adds up quickly.

I like to use the Motorola URC (Universal Relay Controller) and the Moto/Whelen siren. It gives you 10 relay outputs for lighting and a siren, since these O3 setups usually go in covert style vehicles, this is plenty of functionality. My only complaint with that setup is it takes up a bit of real estate in the vehicle.

Here are the parts you'd need to convert an APX6500/7500:

PMUN4227 - O3 Control Head with S&L Keypad (You can probably get just the button membrane, but I have never tried)
PMUN1046 - Universal Relay Controller (There's a URC to Radio cable you'll need too)

If you're using the older "spectra style" Motorola siren, you should be able to re-use it, or you can go with the current offering:
TT2592 - Whelen/Motorola Siren Amp (Has mandatory options for hardware kit and cable)

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”