HEEELLLPPPPP!!! GM1200 Dead

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ct1fhw
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola Icom, Midland Kenwood

HEEELLLPPPPP!!! GM1200 Dead

Post by ct1fhw »

Hi everyone!!!

My GM1200, die during the flash process, I have tried many ways to bring it back, but nothing woks, so far.
In the fist step I have wrote a generated code plug for my model, so far so good, in the next step I had put the rib in flash mode, but accidentally I have used the wrong cable. I had use the normal programming cable for the accessory connector. I think in this process I had put trash inside the Eeprom, and now the radio looks dead. from time to time it lights up the display and show "FAIL 01/90".

I have try to flash it again, but the the flash tool report an error of communications. When I try the software wrote by a fellow Ham (GM1200 software) for Jedi Series, I can see throw the terminal windows the radio sending out some info every time I press the power button, but I can't even communicate it it.

I think , my last hope, if someone have a full backup hex file from de Eeprom, I could remove it from the radio, and program it in the external programmer.

My radio Model is M01RFN9CK8BN.

Best Regrads

Jose Alves
CT1FHW
Andreas
What radios do you own?: radios

Re: HEEELLLPPPPP!!! GM1200 Dead

Post by Andreas »

Did you try to flash it into a MC2100?
What kind of upgradetool is used for the GM1200?

Andreas
ct1fhw
New User

Post by ct1fhw »

Hi Andreas,

Yes, I have tryed to convert into a mc2100, I have used a firmware used by a friend. I can check the version later when I arrive at home!!!

Jose Alves
CT1FHW
Andreas
What radios do you own?: radios

Post by Andreas »

First,you should try to program a default(MC2100) codeplug,with a Native Codeplug programmer or MTSX Lab.
If you still have problems,get the 2100 series lab upgradetool.Type X to get into the labmode.
For additional information,take a look at my homepage.

Andreas
ct1fhw
New User

Post by ct1fhw »

Today, I took a closer look in my gm1200. I have made some experiments with the radio. I have used an application developed by EW1LN, and watch the terminal window. I have seen some "traffic" every time I push the power button, and if I keep the power button pushed, I can turn on and off the LCD light screen, during some seconds, after that appears Fail 01/90 on the screen and the radio stop responding. It seems I really have a defective IC, but don't have the radio schematic, it will be a little bit difficult to solve.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Any suggestions?

Return to “Radio Programming”