Motorola R2001A question

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

greg_kulosa
New User

Motorola R2001A question

Post by greg_kulosa »

I just bought a Motorola R2001A/HS from eBay. I noticed that when I go into the "Power Monitor" mode, it reboots. Is that normal? This happens with the main function switch (Gen, Pwr Mon, and Mon), or when I have it in Power Mon, and use a microphone to transmit, when I release the PTT, and it drops back into Power mon, it reboots.

Is that normal, or is there something wrong with my unit?

I have another problem, which is that it does not receive or transmit, the 1Khz tone does not work, etc. I think that my 10Mhz reference is dead. But that is a problem for another post. :)

Thanks.
jry

Re: Motorola R2001A question

Post by jry »

Check the Repeater Builder site for the manuals .
Does not sound normal to me....usually you can step through the modes without issue but I have only really used the C & D versions.
greg_kulosa
New User

Re: Motorola R2001A question

Post by greg_kulosa »

Thanks. I got an external 10Mhz reference, and now it sends and receives.

The Power Monitor mode seems to work fine, it just reboots whenever I go into the mode. Sometimes I can flick the switch fast enough between Gen and Monitor for it not to reboot, but usually it reboots. It's not a huge deal, I just need to re-enter my frequencies in that case.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”