Moto Alert Monitor and Gamewell

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fire_marshal_bill_1075

Moto Alert Monitor and Gamewell

Post by fire_marshal_bill_1075 »

Good Evening,

I'm working on an old Alert Monitor Mod# M03CNB1101ASP30. It's got the "two pin relay output" on the back and we've been using it to "trip" an old Gamewell system. The problem that I have right now is that I need to know if there is voltage on that relay output or if it's "dry" contacts like the Moto Amplified Chargers. And, what is the "output voltage" if there is any.

I've seen a few different answers but what I'm really looking for is a schematic or set up manual. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
"When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
d119

Re: Moto Alert Monitor and Gamewell

Post by d119 »

...Or a multimeter across the leads? Just sayin...
fire_marshal_bill_1075

Thanks d119, but I've already done that and the meter won't sit still, so........... That's why I asked what it's SUPPOSED to be, cause I DON't HAVE THE MANUAL.
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

fire_marshal_bill_1075 wrote:Good Evening,

I'm working on an old Alert Monitor Mod# M03CNB1101ASP30. It's got the "two pin relay output" on the back and we've been using it to "trip" an old Gamewell system. The problem that I have right now is that I need to know if there is voltage on that relay output or if it's "dry" contacts like the Moto Amplified Chargers. And, what is the "output voltage" if there is any.

I've seen a few different answers but what I'm really looking for is a schematic or set up manual. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I think what your looking for is listed in this ebay add. Good luck. Act now and you may be able to get it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Service-Manuals ... 231d175ce0
fineshot1
NJ USA
fire_marshal_bill_1075

Thanks fineshot1, I'll give it a look.
Two Tone

Post by Two Tone »

I believe they are dry leads, but its been a few years since I've opened one. The units are very easy to open. See what's on the inside, you'll have a better idea if you know what your looking for.
fire_marshal_bill_1075

Thanks two tone. The Gamewell guy thinks there should be voltage. I'm headed back there today and I'll crack it open. Keep the info comin folks I bet we'll get it yet.
Lake Effect

Post by Lake Effect »

Dry contact. SPST relay output.

L.E.
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

You don't ordinarily PUT a voltage into an alarm system to activate the system. Rather, the voltage is in the system which is activated by an external contact closure. The external alarm contacts in such an installation can then be supervised from the alarm system. It's the same as any fire alarm system. However, the older the system the more exceptions you may find to the "modern" method of alarm actuation.

Let us know what you find.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
fire_marshal_bill_1075

Issue has been resolved. Thanks for all the help. Here's what I found.

The Alert Monitor had a dry contact 'normally closed' relay
When the AM goes into ALERT, the relay opens
The AM relay when it opens, breaks the alarm loop in the Gamewell system
The GW alarm system runs in a 24v loop, always energized
Whether it's a pulled hook, sprinkler switch or whatever, when the loop is broken it activates the alarm system
A Minitor 5 pager/amplified charger has a dry contact normally open relay
An extra, normally closed relay needs to be added to trip the GW system
We used the 24v AC as the power for the relay trip and wired it thru the Amplified Charger

If that's not clear enough pm me and I'll try to do a better job. Thanks again for everyone's input.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”