MCS2000 dual control head cable question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Hey Nurse
was hovburglar
What radios do you own?: The ones with smoke inside

MCS2000 dual control head cable question

Post by Hey Nurse »

Hey all,

I bought an MCS2K off the fleabay. The prior owner was nice enough to hack off the female portionof the 6 pin molex for the rear head's amplified speaker. I have 3 wires exposed on either side of the "wound": Orange, Green, and Blue. The Orange/Green wires are roughly 14ga, and the Blue one is 24ga or so.

I have searched through the 'WTF is this wire' threads and cant find a wiring plan for the cable that includes the Orange and Blu wires. I am sure they are for the audio to the rear amplified speaker and volume controls thereon, but a little more specific info would be lovely.

Thanks in advance!
You want me to do WHAT with your radio?
KB2ZTX
was jsikora

Re: MCS2000 dual control head cable question

Post by KB2ZTX »

your correct. I dont have the cable in front of me but can check this weekend. The rear head uses an amplified speaker with a volume control as the volume on the head is not used. I am thinking 1 should be power, ground and audio. Did you look at any with a VOM ?
KB2ZTX

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”