MCS2000 Remote Mic Wiring

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

grinder
New User

MCS2000 Remote Mic Wiring

Post by grinder »

I'm installing a remote head MCS2000 in my truck with the head mounted in the overhead console. I'd like to wire the mic to the accessory connector on the radio so the mic and cord aren't hanging from the ceiling. I have the pinouts for the mic connector and the accessory connector from the MCS2000 page but I'm having a hard time getting it to work (I get PTT but no audio out of the mic). Does anyone have a pin for pin wiring diagram for this setup? I know motorola makes a second mic connection kit and I might have to buy one just to get the instructions at this point. Also, does anyone know if the DTMF mic for the MCS2000 will work in a remote setup like this? Thanks!
Jim202

Re: MCS2000 Remote Mic Wiring

Post by Jim202 »

grinder wrote:I'm installing a remote head MCS2000 in my truck with the head mounted in the overhead console. I'd like to wire the mic to the accessory connector on the radio so the mic and cord aren't hanging from the ceiling. I have the pinouts for the mic connector and the accessory connector from the MCS2000 page but I'm having a hard time getting it to work (I get PTT but no audio out of the mic). Does anyone have a pin for pin wiring diagram for this setup? I know motorola makes a second mic connection kit and I might have to buy one just to get the instructions at this point. Also, does anyone know if the DTMF mic for the MCS2000 will work in a remote setup like this? Thanks!

If your using the connector on the bottom of the radio, that is a special right angle from Motorola. Not sure if you can still get them or not. The part number use to be HLN6412A and should come with 5 pins. Extra pins use the part number of 3984257L01 for a package of 2 pins. Again, I am not sure this is still a valid number.

Ground is pin 4
EMG is pin 9
Ground is pin 10
PTT is pin 21
TXAH (mic) is pin 23

Jim

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”