Motorola CPS Corruption/Serial Port Failure

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

GreatBambino2
New User

Motorola CPS Corruption/Serial Port Failure

Post by GreatBambino2 »

I cannot get my Motorola Commercial Series CPS or the Radius 1225 RSS to read my radios any more. Everything use to work before.

I think I have narrowed down the possible culprit to software corruption. Is this possible? If so what is the fix? I have tried everything I know.

I am running Windows XP, serial port connections, Comm CPS R05.16 and Radius 1225 R04.00.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Motorola CPS Corruption/Serial Port Failure

Post by wavetar »

To verify that your serial port is functioning, create a loopback by shorting pins 2 & 3 together and test with hyperterminal as per these instructions:

http://www.ni.com/support/serial/verhyper.htm
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Dorf411

Post by Dorf411 »

I had a similar problem a few months back when I updated MOTOTRBO and ASTRO25 software not the latest but the one before that. I think I had to uninstall everything and reinstall it, I don't recall any special order but it affected numerous computers running WinXP. They all had the same problem, I would get intermittent mostly bad read/write of CPS and 1225.
Andreas
What radios do you own?: radios

Post by Andreas »

Yes,that´s the problem!Commercial Seris CPS and MOTOTRBO CPS on the same PC can make problems.
Install your Commercial Seris CPS and 1225 CPS again.

Andreas

Return to “Radio Programming”