iNTRINSICALLY SAFE REPAIR

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jayce
What radios do you own?: XTS/XTL & APX6000 & APX/XE

iNTRINSICALLY SAFE REPAIR

Post by Jayce »

Has anyone been involved in becoming a certified repair shop for intrinsically safe radios? We're buying a lot of APX6000XE radios and don't relish the thought of spending $425+ just to replace a LCD. I've found a little info on FM Global but UL is the new certifying authority in the US and they haven' responded to my request for info.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Re: iNTRINSICALLY SAFE REPAIR

Post by MTS2000des »

Atlanta Communications Company was (last time I checked) an FM approved facility/MSS here in Atlanta:
http://www.atlantacomm.com/

you may want to call and ask them if they still an FM approved shop
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
Jayce
What radios do you own?: XTS/XTL & APX6000 & APX/XE

Post by Jayce »

Thanks but I'm looking at getting my repair shop certified. We already do component level repair on XTS/XTL.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

my bad I misread. good luck on your prospect.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”