Windows QCII encoding software?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

VA3XDJ
was orbit303

Windows QCII encoding software?

Post by VA3XDJ »

Hi,

Just thought I'd see if anyone knew of a program for Windows to generate QCII tones using soundcard?

Also, has anyone tried this and what were the results like?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
chipjumper
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 for work

Post by chipjumper »

I think there is one out there but you need to pay for it. Being from the latest generation I refuse to pay for software. Instead I downloaded a tone generator program and made .wav files of the needed tones. Then used a sound editor to put them together. Works fine; great for testing...
Jay911

Post by Jay911 »

I just look up the frequencies on Batlabs and generate a .wav file with Sound Forge. It does what I want, but if you're looking to do something on the fly, that won't cut it.

--j.
VA3XDJ
was orbit303

Post by VA3XDJ »

Any programs (freeware or shareware) to suggest?

Mike
Aces-Warehouse

Post by Aces-Warehouse »

I've been looking for one myself, A dispatch location nearby uses one and I will attempt to swing by there and find out what the program is.

Ace
n9upc

Post by n9upc »

Try cool edit 96 it is a freeware program for one version. It is nice as you can make your own tones as well as it has a left and right channel audio layout.

That way you can put a splitter in the line and run the audio from the left channel to one radio and do the same for the right audio channel.

That way if you have to page over to different freqs like we do for fire and ambulance you can simul-page at the same time.

I think I did a google search for it or I went to downloads.com and got the program there.

It also works great for decoding tones also but depending on how you copy the tones may give you a minor issue.

Example: The paging tone was 979.9 Hz but the tone was decoded at 982.4 Hz So have a tone chart and know your code plan.
" ah the fatman made a funny!" - Stewie from the family guy.

I went to the doctor and all he did was just suck blood. Never go to Dr Acula - M. Hedberg
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

I've been working on writing one myself.. the tone generation part is working, but still working on the user interface (at the moment it resembles an old Unipage V).
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

This is a repost.

There has been a lenghty discussion on doing this posted here before - with a number of referances to different programs and methods. Seaching for Cooledit should bring the thread up.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

What would be a good program to capture and analyze MDC1200 tones?

mancow
Big Blue TO/\/\
Batboard $upporter

Post by Big Blue TO/\/\ »

Mancow-
Not a lot out there that decodes MDC1200, but Midian does have something. They call it their CAD software. Computer Automated Dispatch. FAR from that, but it DOES decode it, to some degree. Check their website, to see the descriptions of the different packages. Tney sell a proprietary modem for the computer. I imagine a crafty guy could...

Tom
KE4RXM
You don't drink beer? Use Motorola RSS, you WILL soon...

PLEASE use EMAIL over PM. Much Easier for Me. Thanx!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”