Computer Alert Monitoring

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

c17loadsmasher

Computer Alert Monitoring

Post by c17loadsmasher »

Does anyone know of a way to set up a computer to act as an alert monitor? Just curious as to whether there would be a way to set it up that the computer would hear the tones drop via an input from a scanner, and then start to record the dispatch. Wouldn't have to be anything fancy, just figure there would have to be a program that'd be able to recognize the right tone freq. :-?

Thanks...
Plain language is the DEVIL. Ten-Codes Forever!!!
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

Try a program called WinTone. It might be able to do what your looking for.

I'll see if I can dig up a link, but I got to jet right now and return some videos to the video store before I get charged for another day for this sucky a55 movie. :roll:
Big Blue TO/\/\
Batboard $upporter

Post by Big Blue TO/\/\ »

do a search, there was a post in the Bat Lounge, I think about this very issue, complete with somewhat of answer. I saw it but can't remember all the specifics, but this should help.

tom
KE4RXM
You don't drink beer? Use Motorola RSS, you WILL soon...

PLEASE use EMAIL over PM. Much Easier for Me. Thanx!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”