Minitor III (3) Stored Voice and proper Squelch programming

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Spatch713

Minitor III (3) Stored Voice and proper Squelch programming

Post by Spatch713 »

I have a UHF M3 with SV that I just programmed today. We are dispatched on a SIMPLEX channel so there is no repeater "tail." The squelch is set to REVERT.

The SV option works fine but when we are paged my pager only records a quick burst of static or somtimes nothing but the end of message beep. I am assuming the pager needs to hear a carrier to continuing recording. Our dispatchers take a few (3 seconds or so) seconds because they have to manually select the simulcast button and then the medic, pd and other freqs.

What is the proper squelch setting so that my pager will actully record the pages? What exactly do all of the squelch settings do?
n9upc

Post by n9upc »

You are correct the pager needs to hear a carrier to record if it is set to dynamic recording.

Otherwise what you will have to do is set the recording time to something along the lines of record for X number of seconds. The only problem with that is the fact that if a dispatcher gets long winded while paging the SV will cut out. (Happens on my keynote a lot but it is only my back-up so I am not that upset.)

No sql setting will help in this ave. You will have to play with the recording times.

Good luck
" ah the fatman made a funny!" - Stewie from the family guy.

I went to the doctor and all he did was just suck blood. Never go to Dr Acula - M. Hedberg
Spatch713

Post by Spatch713 »

So what your saying is there is a option in the RSS "dynamic recording?"

I programmed the pager to cut out at 30 seconds but if we are simplex and there is no carrier (lack of repeater... for example) how do I set it up?
n9upc

Post by n9upc »

Let me look in the RSS today and I will get back and post it on the board tonight for you.
" ah the fatman made a funny!" - Stewie from the family guy.

I went to the doctor and all he did was just suck blood. Never go to Dr Acula - M. Hedberg
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

Try programming it for Delayed N or Revert N for X seconds.
Dave

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”