converting a federal signal highlighter mag mount to perm

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sglass
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: sonic screwdriver

converting a federal signal highlighter mag mount to perm

Post by sglass »

the suction cup mag mount doesn't hold well enough....and I am sure it will walk away.

Anyone know what parts I need?

Gonna mount it to my 1994 s-10 pickup.
FFParamedic571
Banned

Post by FFParamedic571 »

You will need a gasket for the roof and a few 1/4 20 nuts and bolts. Disasemble the light remove the magets and ust those holes as a template to mount it. Sandwich a gasket and wire it up and replace the dome. you may want to silicone the bottom where the bolts pass thought the sheet metal. Those always seem to leak.
sglass
Batboard $upporter

Post by sglass »

FFParamedic571 wrote:You will need a gasket for the roof and a few 1/4 20 nuts and bolts. Disasemble the light remove the magets and ust those holes as a template to mount it. Sandwich a gasket and wire it up and replace the dome. you may want to silicone the bottom where the bolts pass thought the sheet metal. Those always seem to leak.
you mean like on an engine head? I was just going to rought the surface up and use silicon.
FFParamedic571
Banned

Post by FFParamedic571 »

You can do that to.. But if you ever need to get it off .. good luck.. Its like a foam rubber gasket.
sglass
Batboard $upporter

Post by sglass »

gotcha

will post oictures as I get it done

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”