CDM1250 Help!

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radios4bill
What radios do you own?: XTL5000, APX7000, Astro Saber

CDM1250 Help!

Post by radios4bill »

Hello Group; I need help with programming on a Motorola CDM 1250. In the menu it shows "SCAN ALL GROUPS" but it is shaded out? I need differant channels in each group to scan. It will only scan channels in group (1) one no matter what group I am in? Can enyone help? Thanks, Bill
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Re: CDM1250 Help!

Post by Josh »

radios4bill wrote:Hello Group; I need help with programming on a Motorola CDM 1250. In the menu it shows "SCAN ALL GROUPS" but it is shaded out? I need differant channels in each group to scan. It will only scan channels in group (1) one no matter what group I am in? Can enyone help? Thanks, Bill
scan can be complicated. Try and make sure that the conventional personality is selected to a scan list, (other than scan-1), set it up in a zone, and select the channel you want into a scan list.

I don't know what "scan all groups" could mean, except talk-groups, meaning a trunked version of the radio, the CDM1250 is a conventional radio, and the shaded out boxes mean that the option is unavailable for that radio, probably because of it being a trunked feature. But perhaps the mentioned tips above can help you get squared away.

-Josh
SD70MAC

SCAN

Post by SD70MAC »

The scan option you are refering to is ALL GROUP SCAN. This is used to scan trunking talk groups in LS ,LS+, or XLS versions which your radio must not be. As far as I know the CDM1250 will only scan 16 at a time. An HT1250 can be set from the front panel to scan channels from differant zones but still no more than 16 and most people have the scan list so screwed up you have to fix it via CPS. An EX600XLS I believe will scan 99 channels in 1 zone !
SD70MAC out

My collection;
XTS5000 VHF FPP,XTS3000 VHF M1&M3,XTVA,XTS2500 UHF Q FPP,Astro Spectra"s W3 VHF,W9 VHF,W7 800,HT1250 35-50,XPR4500 Q,2 CDM1550LS+ VHF 160ch,CDM1550 X 160ch VHF 25w,MAXTRAC 42-50 32ch,CDM1250 42-54
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

It's kind of annoying. You have to do certain things in certain orders to get anything to flow.

First you have to make all the personalities and make sure you have them exactly how you want them.

Then you have to make the scan lists. If you only have one scan list, it's simple. If not, you'll be spending more time on it. Remember (like WRITE DOWN) what scan list is for what.

Then you go back to the personalities and tell each personality which scan list to use. If you have it set for list 3, when you push the scan button while on that channel, it uses scan list 3.

I have mine setup so the general traffic channel for each agency uses a "general scan list" that has everything. If I go to an agency's direct or tac channel, it uses a scan list that has only that agency's channels in it.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”