MT2000 Programming problems

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ricochet192

MT2000 Programming problems

Post by ricochet192 »

I'm trying to program my MT2000 with the RSS software and a ribless programming cable. Everytime to try to read the codeplug it gives me an error stating it can't read it. Do I need to have the RIB to program this type of radio? I can do the HT1000 without any problems.
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Which RSS are you using? Have you checked to make sure the com port settings etc are correct?
camcam990

mt2000 programming problems

Post by camcam990 »

Hello you also need to check your battery, if the voltage is to low the radio
will also post this error message, use new charged battery and see what happens.
ricochet192

Post by ricochet192 »

I'm not sure what RSS version it is but its the one for the mtsx series. I'll try again with a freshly charged battery. Thanks for the help.
TWEMARS
What radios do you own?: More than you can ever imagine

MT2000 Programming Problems

Post by TWEMARS »

JEDI radios are by far the hardest to communicate with using a computer/RIB.

Try a genuine MOTO RIB. If you can communicate with your JEDI radio, it's most likely that your computer/RIB will communicate with ANY Moto radio except the oldest and slowest; HT600, Syntor 900, etc. if the cables are Ok and THE BATTERY ISN'T LOW OR DEAD. A lit LED DOES NOT mean that the battery has enough snuff to work the RIB

Return to “Radio Programming”