Program MTS 2000

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wanabe

Program MTS 2000

Post by wanabe »

Hello I am a newbie and I am not sure of my next move. I have a MTS 2000 lll with R5.13 that finally ends up with C1 on the display when it is finished with the test mode. What does that mean? And is there a procedure to put the radio in the program mode? What program would you use CPS 06.04, MTSX RSS VERSION R06.00.00 , MTSX RSS VERSION R06.07.00 , MTSX RSS VERSION R06.04.00 or MTSX lab ? Thanks for reading and offering any sugestions, I am just learning. :oops: Will
Batboard $upporter
OX

Post by OX »

"C1" would be the text name for the mode that you have selected. Error codes are displayed as "FAIL xx/xx". There is nothing to do to the radio to put it into programming mode. It responds to a data command from the PC/RIB that switches it to the proper mode.

As for programming the radio, you are limited to using the same version of software that last programmed the radio. There's no way to tell except by trial and error. This would mean the best thing to do would be to use the latest software. That is DOS version R06.08 (I think) and I have no idea about the CPS version because I couldn't stand it.

Since you're new to programming, you might want to give the Batlabs Programming Primer a read or 2. http://www.batlabs.com/newbie.html

Also, use the search function on this board. Programming topics are discussed repeatedly so there is a plethora if info available. I strongly suggest you do this.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

MTSX RSS 6.08 is very new, only in the last few months, so chances are very good your 6.07 version will work just fine.

Oh, moving this to the radio programming forum as it seems to belong more there...

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Radio Programming”