RIB to radio cable connections?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Tex60

RIB to radio cable connections?

Post by Tex60 »

It has been along time since I programed any radios. I pulled out my RIB and found most of my software /refernce plugs etc but I couldn't find my notes on where to hook up the wires and I have a model here that I have never attempted before. So with that said anyone that can help me with my list here I would greatly apprecate it.

Radius p50; need to know where to hook wires up and which pins from RIB (ps looking on the internet some sites say you can't change the freq and some say you can, anyone know for sure?)

Radius SP50; again where and what pins from RIB

Radius P110; if I remember correctly the last time I prog one of these I did it through the batery on the four contacts on the back of the battery again where to put the wires and which pins.

Thanks to anyone that can help me out.
jwb8734
What radios do you own?: To many Motorola and Vertex

Post by jwb8734 »

I would check the actual Batlabs site for radio info and cable info.
kf4sqb
What radios do you own?: I can't enter that much....

Post by kf4sqb »

kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Look for the new "Jedi" series portables!

Bat-Phone= BAT-CAVE (2283)

-.- .. ....- -.-. -.-- . .. ... -- -.-- -... .-. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-
k2hz

Post by k2hz »

The Radius P50 is crystal controlled and PL codes are set by a DIP switch.
Only the SP50 can be programed with a RIB.
Tex60

Post by Tex60 »

I feel stupid, I went back and looked at the pin out page again and realized that he sp50 is on there. Old age and bad eyes :oops:

On the P50 does anyone know where a list would be to interpret the dip switch = what PL tones. after I read that I found the dip switches behind the batery with a sticker giving the freq.

3 of the p50 have the same freq and they are the ones that we are trying to match the others to anyways because that freq has been assigned to our race team. I will match the 2 sp50, and 2 P110 to them as soon as I can figure out that PL tone.
k2hz

Post by k2hz »

Tex60 wrote:On the P50 does anyone know where a list would be to interpret the dip switch = what PL tones. after I read that I found the dip switches behind the batery with a sticker giving the freq.
I have a manual with both the early model jumper settings and the later model DIP switch settings. Let me know the code you need and I will look it up for you.
Tex60

Post by Tex60 »

Model # H44GNU3120AN 1 thru 6 are on and 7 and 8 are off

I really appreciate your help.
k2hz

Post by k2hz »

That looks like the default PL setting which is Code XA 71.9

Send me a Private Message if you would like me to look up a specific code setting for you.

Return to “Radio Programming”