CPS for HT1550 help needed

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

webmedics
Suspended TFN

CPS for HT1550 help needed

Post by webmedics »

Greetings to the group.

I've got the "Pro Radio" CPS, and I'm trying to work on an HT1550XLS , VHF portable.

The software will initialize. I have a boatload of codeplugs, some will open the GM300 CPS instead, so I tried one I thought to be a ProRadio, but it's the 9150 instead of the 1550.

When I read that archive file (9150) I get "Error 4-1379"

Working strictly with the HT1550 (and I have the magic Red battery too) I have problems reading the radio. The battery on the radio is fully charged, and I've got the OEM black battery on it when trying to use the CPS

When I try to read the HT1550 I get

"80040154: Couldn't createInstance on the device after getting UUID"

If I turn the radio off I get an error that tells me the Rib may be off, battery dead or device not connected. This is utilizing COM 1. I switched COM ports to COM 2 and COM 4 and get the same "check whether Device/RIB are powered on or not, and the Device to RIB, and the RIB to PC connection is OK" so I'm pretty sure COM 1 is the correct one to use for this cable.

I'm running in Windows 98, on a Pentium II 333 Sony. I usually boot up in DOS for the RSS, but I beleive I've got to use windows for the CPS to this radio.

I am using a RIBLESS cable from an older laptop that is used for other RSS & CPS without issues. However, this is my only RIBLESS cable.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

It would help to know the version of CPS you're dealing with, but in general, the "4-1379" error means the radio & CPS 'regions' don't match (ie: reading a North American radio with overseas CPS, or vice versa). The other error you're seeing, "80040154: Couldn't createInstance on the device after getting UUID" or other similar messages are generally seen when you're using an older CPS version than the radio was last programmed with.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
webmedics
Suspended TFN

Post by webmedics »

I"m working with version 4.0

This radio came to me from a dealer, and I've used a copy of the CPS I had on hand. I originally changed bank tags creating 3 banks of 16 including all the personality profiles.

Several months later I used the Red Battery to change a few items, but now that I'm trying to change bank tags it's giving me that 80040154 error

What does
"createInstance" mean in reference to the UUID?
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

gm300 uses rss, not cps. you need to try another programming cable.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
webmedics
Suspended TFN

Post by webmedics »

And if Iwas trying to program a GM radio that would have been a relevant answer.
HLA

Post by HLA »

you specifically stated in your third line that "some will open the GM300 CPS instead" which doesn't exist.
HLA
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
webmedics
Suspended TFN

Post by webmedics »

OK...I saw that. So you read the last half of the third line and gave me that answer?

I was trying to say I have several codeplugs which I thought were all compatable with the HT1550 and the CPS (version 4). I was wrong. When I double clicked on some they opened the GM300/GP300 CPS instead(which has NOTHING to do with the cable you mentioned in your second irrelevant posting)

The 5150, 7150, 9150 are similar to the 750, 1250, 1550 (THE 1550 being the TOPIC) and I received the mismatch error message I expected to see, when a Non-North American Codeplug meets the Us version of software. I was mearly pointing out what I had tried to do in the relm of troubleshooting.

The specific issue is that I have is with my HT1550 that was programmed with this same laptop, using this same version of CPS, and I can't read the archived codeplug, nor can I read the current codeplug.

So, if you wouldn't mind S.T.F.U. about the GM radio.
HLA

Post by HLA »

and that's why i added in my first post to try another cable or rib & cable if you can borrow one from someone. if it worked before with that same cpw and the radio hasn't been messed with that's the obvious problem. or try uninstalling the cps and re installing it.
HLA

Return to “Radio Programming”