MTR2000 RSS Compatible with Windows XP?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Bones

MTR2000 RSS Compatible with Windows XP?

Post by Bones »

I have MTR2000 RSS version R03.02.06
It runs fine on Windows 98, won't install on XP.
Is there a newer release of this for XP???
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

did it give you an error message on why it woudn't install? i'll bet it's because your xp machine is an ntfs file system and the rss needs a fat32. you can try a 98 or ME boot disk to get it into dos and just run the program from the floppy.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

The MTR2000 RSS is entirely self-contained within it's own folder...no DLL or other files to worry about. What this means is you can simply take the MTR2000 folder on your Win98 computer, zip it onto a floppy disk, and copy it onto your XP computer...install completed! It should run fine, as it runs perfectly ok on Win2K, though I haven't tried it in XP as of yet.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

I'm running it on XP Pro without any problems.
Bones

Post by Bones »

As it turns out, somehow, one of the files on the installation disk has become unreadable. This prevented installation. I zipped the whole MTR folder off of the Win98 pc and coppied it onto the XP machine with no difficulty....NEAT TRICK......THANK YOU wavetar!

Return to “Radio Programming”