RSS software install help

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Maxtracker

RSS software install help

Post by Maxtracker »

Need a little help getting the software installed. I have an old dinosaur computer and tried to get it loaded but didn't do it right evidently. Trying to install rss 060100 for Maxtrac on my 486 windows 3.1 puter. I clicked install and the respective maxtrac_.exe file. Then it looks like it goes to a dos screen and tells me cannot find maxtrac_.exe On the next line it says enter new program spec and propts you to enter something.......that's where I get lost. Am new to this and looking to program for 2m ham use. Got a Kenwood TM-271A and need one for the house now. Got a powered base for the radio so just need to program it. Thanks for any help
xmo

Post by xmo »

" I clicked install..."

That's where you went wrong. Don't 'click' anything. Boot the machine in DOS. Don't run Windows.

Switch to the drive where you have the RSS distribution disk inserted, e.g. A:

Run Install from the command prompt.

If you have a complete RSS distribution disk, it should then install properly.

Return to “Radio Programming”