is there a cps to program maxtrac and mt1000 radio

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

chevyman250

is there a cps to program maxtrac and mt1000 radio

Post by chevyman250 »

It would be a whole lot easier if i could just have one computer for all my radio programing is there a cps version i could use to program maxtrac,radius, and all DOS software radios. I know its prob a common since answer but im a rookie just getting in
I can never make things go right on a bad day
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

no both of those radios are DOS RSS only.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

and they don't even make those radios anymore so it's not likely they would update them to cps.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
kf4sqb
What radios do you own?: I can't enter that much....

Post by kf4sqb »

It may be a lot of trouble in your case, as I don't know what OS you are using primarily, but how about a dual-boot setup? The latest revision of most RSS packages are Pentium compatible (meaning that processor speed isn't an issue). You can use a fast computer dual-booting both WinXP and DOS. This will allow you to boot into XP for your everyday computing, or boot into DOS for radio programming. The only drawback is that if you want to keep XP (or 2K, or NT) as an NTFS partition, you would have to make another partition formatted as FAT for DOS, and DOS wouldn't be able to read from or write to the NTFS partition. XP can, however, read from and write to the FAT partion. If you want to know more, just ask!
kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Look for the new "Jedi" series portables!

Bat-Phone= BAT-CAVE (2283)

-.- .. ....- -.-. -.-- . .. ... -- -.-- -... .-. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

The easiest way I find is I have a USB key that has Dos installed and all my dos programs. I just plug in my USB stick and reboot.
The Computer is set to boot of USB drive. Nice and simple.
kf4sqb
What radios do you own?: I can't enter that much....

Post by kf4sqb »

Bruce, I've never thought of doing that. Pretty neat idea. That would also allow you to use any computer that allows booting from USB. I am thinking about trying to do something kinda' similiar with a CD.
kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Look for the new "Jedi" series portables!

Bat-Phone= BAT-CAVE (2283)

-.- .. ....- -.-. -.-- . .. ... -- -.-- -... .-. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-

Return to “Radio Programming”