MCS2000 CPS Help

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KE9GK

MCS2000 CPS Help

Post by KE9GK »

Hello all. Just got an MCS 2000 here and went to read the radio and got multiple errors...specificly "codeplug too new for this application" among others. Well....I just purchased the software about a year ago and its CPS 1.12.00....and I thought it was the newest version because it solved all my prior problems like this!!! Did the almighty /\/\ come out with a new revision again...or has this radio already been upgraded with the new dreaded rebanded flashcode which I'm sure requires new more powerful RSS? Any info would be appreciated. Also, due to the fact that I have a "legal" liscensed version of software does that entitle me to any upgrades or do I have to spend another $300 to program my radios....again?

-Frustrated backyard Moto Technician
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

i know 1.13 is out and once you use it you can't go back unless you have an old rss codeplug from it but you should have 3 years free support on your software and you can download if from the website. sounds like the person you got it from cleared out all the frequencies in it before he sold it to you and probablly used 1.13.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
KE9GK

CPS

Post by KE9GK »

Ok, Thanks!! I was hoping that /\/\ wouldn't be that mean. Do you know the web address ..... other than motorola.com (Im not totally dumb) that I go to to get these updates? Am I correct in assuming it is the same site I need to go to to upgrade my MIN V's so they don't false so much? Any info would be appreciated.
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

http://www.businesonline.motorola.com This also should've been in the Software forum, not here.
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us

Return to “Radio Programming”