MTX 838 Programming Problem

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mjt102

MTX 838 Programming Problem

Post by mjt102 »

Hello... I have a problem with an MTX 838 that I own and I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if anybody knows what option in the RSS will fix it... Every time I turn the radio off and then back on it reverts to channel 16 instead of channel 1. Sometimes it even reverts to a different channel besides 16. I was wondering if anyone knew the option in the Motorola RSS that would set channel 1 as the priority channel all the time. Any input would be helpful... Thank You!!
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

If it changes channels just from turning it off and on again, then the channel selector switch is bad. Replace that and you should be good.
Scott
KE4FHH
Religion: Kills folks dead!
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

One other possible cause is the previous owner had the radio set to revert to Ch. 16 as a default, or his first priority channel, and there is no problem with the switch.

I would read the radio, and then go into personalities, and see what's programmed.

I'll bet the radio is programmed to revert to 16 as a default.

That's my guess.

Return to “Radio Programming”