Can an Astro Saber support more than 1 system

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

HOWARD

Post by HOWARD »

I'm not very experienced when it comes to programming the trunking end of the radio so this may sound pretty basic. My question is can the Astro Line support more than one system key? My county has a 500 mhz Astro system and I want to add another 500 mhz Astro system (different system key/id) for mutual aid, what it is required besides the proper system key? I'm geussing it depends on the flashoptions but need some clarification.
Thanks in advance,
Howard
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

Oh, sure. Definitely. Provided you have a way to get the trunking data into the radio, that is...and it's a trunking enabled radio.

You can have up to 254 modes and I'm not exactly sure how many separate individual trunked systems it can hold but I am pretty sure that it's more than 16.

Elroy
HOWARD

Post by HOWARD »

Thanks Elroy

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”