programming maxtrac trunking

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bayfire300

programming maxtrac trunking

Post by bayfire300 »

hello, what info do i need to program a maxtrac 800mhz ltr trunking .......just the frequencies and pl's? or do i need more
how hard is it to program, i've never done a trunking radio b4 .
thanks
otto
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

Judging by the data fields I had to clear to delete trunking info from a Spectra, there's a lot more.

You'll need a list of control frequencies and tones.

You'll need system IDs.

You'll need a radio ID.

You'll probably need a system key file to allow you to add all this stuff.

All of this has to be coordinated as it's unique to each system and radio.

You'll need permission/authorization from the system's communications guru.

And, of course, trunking software for a MaxTrac, as the conventional stuff won't touch the trunking modes or data.

In short, you need a lot of stuff, which is why trunking systems are rarely programmed in the field.

Bob M.
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

If it's an LTR system, you'll also need the site #s and have them in the correct order. LTR is more of a PITA than regular trunking and it also has it's own RSS.

Good luck.
Scott
KE4FHH
Religion: Kills folks dead!
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

if you're not on the department using the system just get a scanner and save yourself headaches, if you dont' have the system key you'll never make it work. if you are on the department using the system just have the system administrator program your radio.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

It's LTR trunking...there is no system key needed to program the radio.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

yep, all he needs is the talkgroup info, and the proper LCN order

no system key or even radio ID to worry about.

LTR is one of the FEW cases where its not that big of a deal programming a TRS into it, just remove the mic and its an overgrown scanner with all the benefits of being a commercial rig. Of course im talking about standard LTR, not the new Passport or Multinet flavors.

I use a 900 LTR GTX on one of the local LTRs and it works like a champ and is completly invisible to them.

<< INSERT USUAL DONT TRANSMIT STUFF HERE >>

Return to “Radio Programming”