Motorola M1225 Problems-Radio's bound for the trash can!

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KC0SWG

Motorola M1225 Problems-Radio's bound for the trash can!

Post by KC0SWG »

I've got a 4 ch. M1225 UHF that I can't program. I've got Version 3.1 CPS. I've tried to program this radio with 4 different computers ranging from Win XP to Win 2000 Pro. to Win 95. I've tried using the Rib box, and my ribless cable to program it, and I keep getting the same message. Check power to radio or rib. I don't know what else to try. The cables that I use to program maxtracs are the ones that I'm trying to program the M1225 with. I have programmed M1225's before with these cables, so what's up? :-?
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

It's most likely been programmed with a newer version, which will not allow you to use the older version any more. Your best bet is to get v4.0 from Mother /\/\ and be done with it.
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

I agree, get the newest cps. but if you are really stuck on trashing it, you can send it to me.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
kg4lmt

Post by kg4lmt »

I'll take one also.
kf4sqb
What radios do you own?: I can't enter that much....

Post by kf4sqb »

Wouldn't it give a "Codeplug too new" error or something, instead of the "Check power" error if it had been programmed with the newer version of RSS?
kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Look for the new "Jedi" series portables!

Bat-Phone= BAT-CAVE (2283)

-.- .. ....- -.-. -.-- . .. ... -- -.-- -... .-. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-
KC0SWG

Post by KC0SWG »

I've gotten the error before when I was trying to use older software. This is something different. Oh well I'll put it on Ebay or something. Somebody will be able to program it. I don't really need it anyway. Thanks for your help guys!!
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

I'll give $30.00!
440roadrunner

Post by 440roadrunner »

First, explain to us all why you are trying to program a radio using XP or W2K?
ve3nsv

Post by ve3nsv »

I program from my Bench using XP and have no problems with M1225 even with the Scholer-Johnson LTR boards, CT / CP / CM series radios, CDM / HT-750 / HT-1250LS-+ / HT-1550XLS including passport and Tuner. I am sure there is some models I missed. All done from a P4 3GHZ with 1GHZ of Ram, it sure beats tying up the programming bench when upgrading a CDM firmware or passport firmware which can take close to an hour on some radios. It also beats dragging my service monitor over to the programming bench for a quick alignment or when working on a project like an MTR / Raider configuration and alignment.
Will

Post by Will »

Common problem with the M1225's, look for poor or dirty contact in the mic jack. Also I look for the 5 volts on the data line to make sure the connection IS good.

Some times the DATA line is cut so no one can program them. Again check for 5v DC on the programming pin, then the transistor that interfaces with the uP.

Return to “Radio Programming”