What do i need to program Radius GR500 repeater?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

spc

What do i need to program Radius GR500 repeater?

Post by spc »

I have Motorola gr500 repeater with 2 gm300's a duplexer and hln3333b inface module. What is my next step to see what it is programmed to and what special cable will I need and where to connect it? Do I need a controller with this unit?

Thank you
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

if it's got 2 gm300's it's not a gr500. all you need is the gm300 rss, a rib box, and cable, to program the transmit and recieve into the radios and then you will have to get the duplexer tuned for those frequencies.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
fire_master_21
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Motorola/Kenwood

Post by fire_master_21 »

thats assuming he is not going to use 2 antennas instead
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
spc

Post by spc »

Do I need a controller so this will work as a repeater?
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

the 3333 is what controls the signal. and do you have a license for it, when you go to get it programmed you'll need to know the frequencies on the license to put in the radio and how much power is the license for? you'll need to know how much separation there is between the frequencies if you are using a duplexer and that will need to be tuned. or as posted earler if you are using 2 different antennaes you don't need a duplexer. sounds like your best bet is to take it to your local motorola shop and have them look it over first. where are you located?
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS

Return to “Radio Programming”