cdm 1250 won't power up, all tricks tried

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

max track

cdm 1250 won't power up, all tricks tried

Post by max track »

CDM1250, won't power on, checked regulators, voltage ok, left for 2 weeks, retried, now works, firmware upgraded, tested ok, left for 3 days unpowered. Reinstalled, won't power on.

Searched Batlabs, Tried boot strap trick, didn't work. Called Motorola, they never heard of it. Several diverse customers all with same fault. Motorola says it can't be the radio! ( They must take the same training course, Denial 101, as the telephone company)

I need the software that motorola has to reinitialize the radio. Ideas??

And why would one make a radio that pressing the off/ on switch twice within one second interval puts it into bootstrap mode. Geeeze.
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

I have owned a couple CDM1250's and a CDM1550, and I found that on 1, if you wiggle the power cord or if it's juuuuust not in the right place, it won't work.

So try holding the pwr cord at an angle or moving it slightly while attempting to power up the radio and see if that works. I find that this is just from strain on the connector.

Return to “Radio Programming”