Need to Know how to flash update ht1250?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

levap2way

Need to Know how to flash update ht1250?

Post by levap2way »

I need to now what do I need to flash update the firmware of my ht1250 uhf to fix a cs error on the radio. What do i need to do so? please need step by step instruction how to flash update a radio like this.

Thanks
Last edited by levap2way on Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

First, the term is flash.

Also, setting your text color to black is a bad idea... some of us use a black background, and thus can't read what you write.

Flashing the radio's firmware will not correct an "EEPROM CS ERROR"... this is an error in the codeplug stored in the radio's EEPROM. A fairly typical failure for the Waris portables. Try blowing a known-good codeplug back into the radio... if that doesn't repair it, it's time to send the unit home to Mother Moto.
levap2way

Post by levap2way »

tvsjr wrote:First, the term is flash.

Also, setting your text color to black is a bad idea... some of us use a black background, and thus can't read what you write.

Flashing the radio's firmware will not correct an "EEPROM CS ERROR"... this is an error in the codeplug stored in the radio's EEPROM. A fairly typical failure for the Waris portables. Try blowing a known-good codeplug back into the radio... if that doesn't repair it, it's time to send the unit home to Mother Moto.
Thanks for the correction on the flash word. I already try the Good blank codeplug cloning and did not work, so I think /\/\ is next.

Return to “Radio Programming”