Ht1000 cloning

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dw200

Ht1000 cloning

Post by dw200 »

From reading the cloning procedures on the HT's it states that the model numbers must match exactly. However, i found a post that says that revisions can be cloned into a higher revision radio. Is this the case?? I have a "D" radio that i would like to clone from a "C" radio. The only difference is the bandsplit but the "D" will accept what the "C" has programmed in it. Will this work????
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Generally, you can clone a lower revision into a higher revision, such as a "C" to a "D", but in your case, the bandsplits are different, so it's a moot point. Your model numbers aren't the same, regardless of revision.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

another thing with cloning is that it will only clone the channels, i don't think it changes buttons or mdc numbers or qcII.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS

Return to “Radio Programming”