Spectra A9 Head

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Chief John

Spectra A9 Head

Post by Chief John »

I have a spectra with a System 9000 head. I have been trying to program the head and so far have been unable to do so. I used the bitbanger to change location 6060 to CD and saved it. When I try to read the radio after I made that change it tells me it can not read the head and gives me an error code 79. I go back and change location 6060 to an A7 head and I am able to read the radio again. So far all I can get to show up on the head is MODE 0. Any help would be appreciated.

John
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

OK we need more info- radio model/ID#, when are you trying to program the head (step-by-step if needbe) and last, what model# control head you are trying to program.
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
Chief John

Spectra A9 Head

Post by Chief John »

The radio model number is D44KXA7JA9BK and the head is HCN1073C. I am using Sprectra RSS software to program the radio with a programing cable that hooks to the D15 plug on the back of the radio. I have programed other Sprectras but never one with a System 9000 head.
Thanks for the help.

John
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Well error 79 is the rss can't commuicate with the A9 head. I am going to make the assumption that you have the A9 head hooked up and not the A7 when you get this error. I would check to see if the A9 head works on another spectra. There is a chance the head has been changed over to w9 or perhaps the head itself is bad.

The mode 0 thing is normal when an A9 head is put on a radio not programmed for an A9 head.

Jason
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

Is that radio model# the original or what you changed it to? The A9 series radios will ALL start with a T, not a D.
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
Chief John

A9

Post by Chief John »

Boy I think I am over my head on this one. I did make a change in the model number I changed location 6051 to 39 which I thought I needed to do. When I bought the radio it came with the System 9000 head and I thought I could make it work.

John
N5RVG

Return to “Radio Programming”