GP300 5tone clone to PL-radio ??

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jimmy

GP300 5tone clone to PL-radio ??

Post by jimmy »

Hi all,
Is is possible to clone a 5tone radio (P93YPC29D2AA) to a PL radio (P93YPC20D2AA).
So basically turning a PL radio into a 5Tone model.

I know it easy to clone a 16channel model into an 8channel radio when it's the same type but is it also this simple with PL <> 5Tone ??
If not can it be done at all ??

Thanks for any help on this.
Jimmy.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

where are you located, i'd like to try that and see. i don't see why not. just make shure you read and save all the codeplug first in case you had to put it back. but after you did that i'm thinking all you'd have to do is tune it again.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
Andreas
What radios do you own?: radios

Post by Andreas »

No,it will not work.Both radios have a different firmware and different codeplug structure.If you need PL,the 5-tone radio will do it too.
You need the GP300 5-tone RSS for programming those radios.

Andreas
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

I thougth so, due to the different RSS soft needed.
Thanks for the quick responce.

Jimmy

Return to “Radio Programming”