vhf visar stuck on ch 16

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

anautofix

vhf visar stuck on ch 16

Post by anautofix »

I cannot seem to move the channels at all....it will take program but will not change channels.....help!! E-mail me strook@optonline.net :D
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

are you saying you can't turn the knob or when you turn the knob it still stays on ch16?
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
MetroMan

Post by MetroMan »

Try holding the two channel select buttons in at the same time for a couple of seconds to release the radio from channel lock. It's a programmable option that can be removed if it causes an issue. It's an option to prevent you from indavertently changing channels..
Rich
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

Visars are button operated, it appears you may have a 'popple' that went flat or there is oxide buildup on the 'popple' that prevents contact.

I've seen this many times on these radios where as they age, they get harder to change channels as the domed metal disk gets flattened out and no longer snaps back into shape and also gets a 'ding' in it and no longer makes contact with the flex under it.

They are held in with a tape strip and can be repaired if you can work with the tiny board as it has the display attached to it as well.

That display WILL come off easily if you are not careful, and the ribbon flex will also tear if you pull too hard as it's thin and narrow, so there is not a lot of leeway with that.

The UP/DOWN channel snap buttons, or as Circle-M calls them: popples, are closely spaced and have a clear adhesive tape retaining these domes, look close at them to see if they have moved or are damaged in any way, replace if they are.

I have a spare board, but it no longer has the display, only the audio adaptor with the snap domes for channels.

$3.00 to cover shipping and it's yours if you need it.

I'll dig it out of the 'spares' bin just in case....

AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

MetroMan wrote:Try holding the two channel select buttons in at the same time for a couple of seconds to release the radio from channel lock. It's a programmable option that can be removed if it causes an issue. It's an option to prevent you from indavertently changing channels..

Check this out as well...GOOD CALL, I forgot about the channel lock option.

This may be your only problem!

Thanks for the reminder!

Return to “Radio Programming”